22.12.2017 Flow test results from Rizq-2 appraisal well in Pakistan exceed expectations
The appraisal well flowed at a rate four times faster than during initial testing. Once connected to the production facilities, the well will add approximately 140,000-170,000 m3 to PGNiG’s daily natural gas output in Pakistan (around 124,000–148,000 m3 of high-methane equivalent). Total production from PGNiG’s Pakistani fields will reach 1 mcm of natural gas per day (approximately 850,000 m3 of high-methane equivalent).
The first tests in the Rizq-2 appraisal well were carried out in October 2017. The initial flow rate achieved at the time was approximately 28 m³/min. After a hydraulic fracturing treatment performed in late November and early December 2017, the well flowed at a rate of around 128 m³/min.
The Rizq-2 appraisal well was drilled in the Rizq field under the Kirthar licence located in the Sindh province. Connection to the production facilities is planned to be completed by the end of February 2018. After that, the total production from PGNiG’s Pakistani fields will reach 1 mcm of natural gas per day (approximately 850,000 m3 of high-methane equivalent). PGNiG S.A. holds a 70% interest in the production, with the other 30% held by Pakistan Petroleum Limited.
PGNiG produces natural gas from two fields in Pakistan – Rehman and Rizq. The latter was discovered in 2015 in the Rizq-1 well, which was brought on stream in November 2016. The provider of drilling services for PGNiG in Pakistan is a PGNiG Group company Exalo Drilling.